Congratulations on receiving your MaeVona ring! One of the questions we get asked often is how to clean and care for your ring. So here you go!
With simple care your ring will remain a cherished heirloom that will be treasured for many years to come. Here are some useful tips that will help keep your MaeVona ring as sparkly as the day you received it:
- Treat your ring to a visit to your professional jeweler at least once a year. Not only will your jeweler ensure that your stone is secure, he or she can polish and cleanse your ring to bring out the ultimate shine.
- Between jeweler visits you can clean your ring with products you probably already have in your home. Any non-abrasive cleanser such as dish washing soap and warm water should do the trick for gold, platinum and diamond jewelry. Some gemstones require additional care so talk with your jeweler before cleaning color gemstones at home (such as emeralds, pearls and opals).
- For diamond jewelry, you can make your own cleaning solution with ammonia and water (mix 6 parts water and 1 part ammonia) and apply with a gentle, soft brush.
- Treat your ring as you would a work of art because it is! Avoid wearing your ring (and all jewelry) during rigorous activity such as exercising, rock climbing, bowling, etc. Although diamonds are extremely hard, they are not impervious to chipping or breaking.
- Lastly and most importantly, enjoy your MaeVona treasure and wear it often!